Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy), Radiant Light Yoga Teacher, Level 1-2 DMA Cilnical Pilates, Somatic Education Couch Level 2, Somatic Movement Educator & Clinical Somatic Educator in training
To Book an appointment or class with Shelly Fruend:
I have worked as a physiotherapist for over 23 years, in a variety of settings including; rehabilitation, oncology, pre and post natal woman’s health and musculoskeletal private practice and commenced working in Albury in Feb 2006. I endeavour to create space for others to radiate wellness and remember wholeness through combing the science of physiotherapy & current pain neurophysiology information with the ancient wisdom of yoga & Hanna Somatic movement.
Initially my yoga teaching was inspired by a Satyananda yoga teacher and then I completed teacher training with Adam and Akash Bornstein, founders of Radiant Light Yoga and devotees of Paramahansa Yogananda, in 2004. During 2011/2012 I mentored a dedicated group of yoga teacher trainees through Radiant Light Teacher Training. I am currently a students of Hanna Somatics Movement with Lisa Petersen & commencing 3 yrs of clinical somatic training with Martha Petersen in October 2016.
I am dedicated to my personal yoga & meditation practice experiencing their healing and transforming effects for over 19 years. I am committed to sharing from my heartfelt experiences.
Shelly Fruend at The Space services include:
- Musculoskeletal & spinal physiotherapy
- Postural and movement education
- Hanna Somatic movement education one on one sessions & small group classes
- Breathing retaining & education
- Yoga Therapy: empowers and supports individuals to manage their health using the principles of yoga and combining them with Physiotherapy tools. Yoga therapy enables the whole individual, rather than focusing on the condition. This may include asana (postures), pranayama (breath work), mudras (hand gestures), relaxation, meditation & mantra (sacred chants)
- Clinical Pilates
- One on One Yoga including asana (poses) and pranayama (breathing techniques), relaxation & meditation techniques & Radiant Light Yoga classes
- Reiki & energetic healing
- Bach Flower Essences
- Yoga mentoring for students and teachers
Appointments with Shelly are 1 hr or 45mins